Labels

Monday, December 1, 2014

Roomate Season 2 impressions

My first impressions after watching episode one of Roommate Season 2


roommate season 2


I will definitely miss all the members in season one however, all the new members seems so chill. The following are an overview of the new members and my impressions of them.



Park Joon Hyung (G.O.D. ) (46) is part of the popular idol boy band back in the 90s. He looks so easy going and opens the show skateboarding. He is basically my father's age but he's still so cool. I liked that he was open and said he liked Roomate because there was no script because if there was he would be thinking to hard. He's the neighborhood brother that can become friends with anyone in seconds. Although this is also the first time he is meeting everyone, he knows how to break the ice by saying  "yo", "what's up man" and high fiving.  The image he is giving is similar to Shin Mama except he is even cooler. There is still that vibe from him that he is a superstar and needs respect.


Jackson (GOT7) (21) I had no idea jackson was cantonese just like me. Amazed that he could speak three languages. He was showing off some dance moves and it was pretty cool. He happened to be in the same company as park Joon Hyung and were able to converse in english fluently so they connected immediatley. He seems to be the disruptive class clown. Jo Se Ho asked him to wash the dishes. He did it but complained when Park Joon Hyung came along. This is understandable since nobody wants to do any chores but again we see how different previous members are compared to the second season. I see that Ga Eun and Minwoo are always the one washing the dishes they never complained since they are timid but minwoo reached a breaking point and wanted to speak about it with Lee So Ra, and So Ra started got irritated. Since they brought someone with a different personality into the game, I'm curious as to how this plays out. I like how this show is real and highlights what could happen in daily life and it not just all scripted with everything being perfect.



Bae Jong OK- veteran actress (50) This is the first time she is in a variety show. She is the oldest member and I get the feeling of a mother from her. She was a bit demanding like Lee So Ra asking others to help her with her luggage. However we do need an older member to be in charge and get things in order.






Sunny (girls Generation) (25)-She's cute and talkative. She been in the entertainment business for a longtime ever since her debut. She is an experienced singer with variety experience. Back when she was in season 1 of  invincible youth she was already the sunbae leading Tara's hyomin who just debuted at that time.







Lee Guk Ju (comedian)(28)-She is just hilarious. She is not afraid to goof around and bring laughters to audience. With both Jo Se Ho and lee Guk Ju on board they will make the show a lot brighter.







Ryohei Otani(actor) (34)-suave guy. He's a model turned actor that entered the korean entertainment through a Dunkin Donuts commercial. He's been in multiple tv dramas and blockbuster movies with the most recent being "Roaring Currents". He seemed to be a gentleman and is more reserved compared to the other new male members.








Heo Youngji (kara) (28) she seems bright. Her trademark laugh is a wide open mouth. She doesn't seem like the type to care about her image too much which I like because she seem more natural. She is the newly added member of kara and the youngest member of the show. She was selected to be in kara from a televised competition sort of like american idol so she has variety skills. She's not squeamish seeing how she handles the octopus easily.




When the members first met in the beginning, seeing min woo left with park joon hyung and jackson, I realized that he's shy, just like me. Even when I am with classmates that I've known for the last four years, I seem to be unable to blend with them. No matter how easy going the other are, it's just difficult for me to socialize.

I am still amazed whenever I see Lee Dong Wook wears casual clothes. Every single drama I saw him in he is a chaebol or rich man and he is dressed in dress shirt and in suit. Im so used to seeing him dress up so nicely that whenever I see in a T-shirt and a cap I realize that he is an actor. He is just playing a role and in his normal life he dresses just like all of us. This is what I like about variety shows. You get to see how a celebrity's personality and see how the person really is like in normal daily life instead of their role and image they play and keep when they are on stage or filming.


Room Pairing


Jong Ok and Sunny

Ryohei and park joon hyung

jackson and Seo Kang joon

nana, lee Guk Ju, Young Gi

Jo Se Ho, minwoo and lee dong wook-sidenote when dong wook found out he was in a room with minwoo, he didn't look too happy. I'm still bothered with season 1 of roomate where we saw a little footage of lee dong wook lecturing minwoo but the producers decided not to broadcast the conflicts. I really wanted to see what conflict they were going through and I wanted to learn how to live comfortably with other people too.

cucumber- our cute beagle. I wish I had a dog like her. However someone needs to be in charge of her and potty train her.

For the second season, everyone's bed are gone and are only left with the mattress

The character of the new members are different than first seasons members. First seasons members tends to be more reserved and quiet. Second season people seem a whole lot more fun and can joke around. I'm excited for a new season of Roommate. I enjoyed the first season of Roommate and will definitely continue to watch the second season.

How do you feel about Season 2 of Roommate?

thanks for reading,

VanillaDreamCream


No comments:

Post a Comment